- Laser Treatments
- Body Contouring
- Weight Loss
- More Services
The following weight loss tips will start you on the right track to weight loss freedom. All suggestions are proven effective by medical professionals.
Take the word "Can't" out of the equation. Throw away each of the irrational thoughts and trade them for "I can create the life I've always wanted". Dr. Robert Neff (expert in sports psychology and weight management) suggests taking the following actions to contribute to higher confidence.
1) Journaling achievements and compliments
2) Visualizing positive outcomes
3) Using positive body languate and facial expressions, Smiling!
4) Choosing to use positive and optimistic self talk
5) Developing idea habits
6) Reducing anxiety (since that's the opposite of confidence)
Create consistency in a routine, at first rigid, then habit forms. Eventually, the habit becomes second nature and occurs without having to make a conscious decision. Dr. Neff suggests the following proven weight loss routine.
1) Prepare breakfast, lunch and health snaks the night before
2) Excersie first thing in the morning prior to breakfast
3) Carry food and water with you to work
4) Set reminder alarms on your phone
5) Rest in the evenings
Breaking old habits is hard enough, so change what we can contol, our environment. Throughout the day, pay attention to key places that will set back your weight loss goals. Start with the obvious; house, car and work. Dr. Shemek describes three environmental setbacks and easy solutions to each:
1) "Dispose of food that does not serve you in your weight management or optimal weight loss goals." Look through your house, at work and all other hiding places we'd never admit to. Get rid of all sugars! Excess sugars end up on places we'd rather them not be; the buttocks, breasts and thighs. Replace sugars with complex carbohydrates (oats, whear, brown rice) lean protein and healthy fats.
2) Seave smaller protions. Make your portions appear larger by using smaller bowls, plates, and cups. Leave the table as soon as you're done eating. Under no circumstance eat while infront of the TV. Either move to a difference room or remove the television.
3) Create a diversion from mental cravings. Figure out what negative impulse triggered the craving and do anything to divert your attention; walk your dog, go for a swim, play with your kids, read a book, review this article.
As you know, habits are hard to break. These easy tips will start you off in the right direction and lead you to a new state of mind. Changing your mental state,establishing consistency and analyzing your environment can all change your mental relationship with weight loss. Read testimonials on how medical weight loss worked for them. For more information on how to look and feel better please visit Azure Med Spa and contact the friendly staff for more information.
To learn more about the the medical professionals mentioned in the article feel free to check out their websites.
Dr. Lori L. Shemek " Top 3 Succesful Weight Loss Tips"
Dr. Robert Neff "Mental Toughness Training"
CALL US AT 972-294-6992